General provisions for all programmes
All scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Competitive selections are carried out by expert commissions, which include specially invited professors from Russian and German universities, as well as representatives of DAAD partner organizations.
Scholarships for bachelor’s degree studies in German universities, as well as first-year students are not provided.
The selection takes into account academic performance, exam results, scientific qualifications, quality and relevance of a scientific project, motivation, knowledge of German or English (depending on the programme), contacts with a higher educational institution in Germany, invitation of a German professor.
Only those applications that contain fully completed DAAD forms and a full set of documents attached to them are submitted for consideration by the selection committee.
- Simultaneous participation in the competition for several DAAD scholarship programmes is excluded! This provision does not apply to the "Study tours of student groups" programme.
- When filling out DAAD application forms, the surname and name should be indicated in strict accordance with their spelling in the international passport; in the absence of such passport - in English transcription.
- Copies of diplomas and their translations are not required to be notarized! To participate in the competition, it is enough to certify these documents at the place of study or work.
- Original documents should not be included in the application kit. Documents sent to DAAD are not returned to applicants!
- Personal email address must be specified in the address sheet. The email address must be neutral: "especially original" email addresses are often identified as spam by PC programs, which complicates the work of DAAD employees.