Jana George - PhD, lecturer of DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, German Academic Exchange Service), the Head of DAAD Centre in NCFU, assistant professor of the NCFU Translation studies Department since September 2017.
In 2007 graduated from the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena (Jena, Germany) with a degree in: "History of Eastern Europe", "Political Studies", "Philosophy", "German as a foreign language".
In 2014 successfully defended her doctoral dissertation with the topic: "Socially critical movies in Yugoslavia, 1960-1970-s".
Research interests: places of memory, intercultural communication (especially humor), translation of fiction.
In NCFU mostly teaches the following: Practice of verbal communication culture (German language).
As the Head of DAAD Centre in NCFU her main focus areas are:
- consultations of undergraduates and specialist’s degree students of NCFU on scholarship programmes, training and scientific internships in Germany, study tours; work with former DAAD scholars;
- organization of lectures and seminars, master classes for students and continuing education courses for teachers of NCFU with the involvement of lecturers from Germany;
- organization of seminars for students and teachers with the involvement of cultural figures of Germany;
- organization and holding of events within the framework of the "German Language Week" with the involvement of the DAAD resource;
- organization and performing the OnSet German proficiency test, mandatory for registration of applications for DAAD fellowships;
- organization and performing the OnSet English proficiency test;
- holding the international scientific contest "Falling Walls Lab Stavropol".